Dec 27, 2020
After David experienced the excruciating pain and misery of unrepented sin and subsequently the refreshing touch of God’s forgiveness, he decided to take on the role of a teacher-warning people not to travel the road he walked on and he exhorts them to a lifestyle of walking with God.
TEXT: Psalm 32
As a review, we tackled points one and two of this Psalm and they are as follows:
I. THE BLESSING OF FORGIVENESS (vv. 1 – 2)
II. THE CURSE OF UNCONFESSED SIN AND THE BLESSING OF CONFESSION (vv. 3 – 5)
1. The curse on my body (v.3)
2. The curse on my spirit (v.4)
3. The cleansing in my confession (v.5)
Today, we will now look into David’s POSITIVE INSTRUCTION to prevent people from going through what he went through.
III. THE SINNER’S FIVE-FOLD EXHORTATION (vv. 6 – 11)
1. Pray that you may be preserved. (v.6)
2. Pray because of who God is and what He does. (v.7)
3. Pray that God may instruct and counsel you. (v.8)
4. Do not be stubborn to prevent misery. (vv. 9 – 10)
5. Find your joy and satisfaction in the Lord (v. 11)
SIN is like an ATTRACTIVE DIAMOND from a distance, but up close when we taste its fruit, it becomes a BITTER PILL to swallow.Such was David’s experience and that is why he is calling the believers to a LIFESTYLE OF WALKING with God. Only then will we avoid the sad and treacherous road of sin.